Thursday, December 01, 2005

Last Letter From Will to Mother and Sister Hettie

Pte. W. H. Jeffcott
Same address Mother, Dec 19.

Dear Mother and Sister.

Just a few lines to thank you very much for your loving letter (dated Dec. 13) and weekly post (dated Dec 11) and also the writing paper and envelopes which I received quite safe. I am very pleased to hear you are both in the very best of health and spirits as I am pleased to say it leaves me in the very best of health and spirits. Yes I have received the letter from Uncle George, and I have answered it and he told me in his letter that he was going to send me some cigarettes in with your parcel, so I shall be very pleased if you will puit in whatever he wishes to send me. Thanking you for same. I am pleased to hear they have thought of me at Untett Street as I was beginning the think they had forgot me but I will let you know when I receive the Wallett. I am glad in a way Mother you have kept the parcel back, just till after the xmas rush, as we know the post is very busy, and our george as wrote to me and told me he will send me some cigs after the xmas rush is over, but he did not say anything particular as he said he had sent me a long letter, and I have not received it, but he says he as not seen anything of any of you yet, but don't worry, as he don't worry about us much. Hoping you have received my letter I sent you a few days ago with the silk card in. I am sorry to know you have seen snow in Brum but the weather here as picked up now, and it is dry, and not so cold as would be expected for the time of the year, but I hope the weather in Brum will soon turn for the best. I am glad to hear Mr. Elston as (rallied round the Flag) I am sorry to say I did not receiver your letter or post as you sent on Nov 28. No I don't think Mr. James hurt himself sending me a P.C. but that is how he hinks of you after you have gone, but never mind, it is as you say he may want someone to write to him some day. I have had a parcel from Queen Alexandra which consited of a nice small towel to wipe on, a bare of soap, a small book containing envelopes and writing paper, this is a piece of the paper and a mans handkerchief, so you see that is very useful. Hoping this will find you in the very best of health, and hope you will have a merry Xmas. Hoping Mr Elsotn is in the very best of health and give him my kindest regards. We have just come out of the trenches for a few days. Well I think I have said all this time. So good night and God Bless you both. With very Best love, from your ever loving Son & Brother Will XXXXXXXXXX

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home